Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- All Women Cast of the Ultimate Fighter Take on Breast Cancer Awareness
- Katherine Onorato Gracie Barra Long Island NYC (Interview)
- UFC 180: Cain Velasquez Injured, Replaced by Mark Hunt
- UFC women’s 115- Pound Championship to be awarded
- UAEJJ Junior National Team bring home 45 medals
- Marcos Ratinho (CheckMat) now fighting out of Evolve MMA
- ONE FC: Marat Gafurov def Rob Lisita + (Official Results)
- GFC 4 Results