Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- Fatih Ulusoy “The Ottoman” talks ahead of his fight at GFC 4
- Kinaree Adkins : From Shy, Reserved Girl to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champion
- UFC 193: Lawler vs. Condit ETIHAD STADIUM TO HOST HISTORIC UFC EVENT
- Fatih Cem “The Ottoman” trains with Anthony “Chill” Wilson ahead of GFC 4
- Road to Abu Dhabi World professional Jiu-jitsu Championship 2016
- Rob Hill Australian MMA Fighter and Coach talks upcoming fight
- UAEJJF goes global professionalizing BJJ with official rankings and huge Cash prizes
- Royce Gracie on Renzo Gracie, Eddie Bravo, Bellator, Gracie Academy & more