Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- Mario Sperry Gives Seminar to 300 Black Belts (Video)
- Luanna Alzuguir: Wants Submission only fight with Michelle Nicolini
- R.A.K JIU-JITSU OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP GI (Results)
- R.A.K JIU-JITSU OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP NO GI (Results)
- ONE FC: Ji Xian defs Song ya Dong via unanimous decision
- Al Batal: Sofiane Seghir vs Walid Akrouh (84kg) Finals
- UFC: Jones and Rousey sign with Reebok
- Helio Soneca: “MMA is against Jiu-Jitsu”