Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- Mario Sperry on becoming ambassador for Para-Jiu-jitsu in Brazil
- Abu Dhabi World Pro 2016 Female Under 55 Black belt (Highlights)
- Mackenzie Dern talks after def Ariadne Oliveira at World Pro’s 55KG semi final
- Felipe “Preguiça” Pena talks ahead of finals Abu Dhabi World Pro’s 2016
- Abu Dhabi World Pro Male Black Belt Adults Open Weight Highlights
- World Pro 2016 Female Brown – Black Belt Open Weight Highlights
- Abu Dhabi World Pro 2016 Jiujitsu Championships Masters White – Purple belt Highlights
- UAEJJF #ADWPJJC2016 Press Conference Highlights