Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- ONE FC: returns to Manila ‘Warrior’s Way’
- Silva & Rua to coach season 4 of TUF Brazil
- Leandro Ataides talks ahead of ONE FC Title Fight (Nov 7th)
- Pablo Popovitch: Dean Lister / ADCC 2015 / Gi Jiujitsu
- COO of Palm Sports, Dima Najjar talks Growth 2015
- UAEJJF: AL AIN Jiu-Jitsu Open Championship – GI (Results)
- UAEJJF Al Ain Jiu-Jitsu Open Cup – NO GI (Results/Interview)
- ONE FC: “Battle Of Lions” Set to take on Singapore