Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- Japan’s ambassador to the UAE talks Jiujitsu
- H.E Sheikh Tariq Al Qassim wins Silver at the Europeans
- ABU DHABI JIU-JITSU CUP GI 2015 Results
- ABU DHABI JIU-JITSU CUP NO GI 2015 Results
- Desert Force / Aseal Management Sign Agreement
- UFC announces David Allen as Sr VP & GM of Europe, Middle East & Africa
- UFC Returns to Dallas Mar 14th with 2 title fights #UFC182
- Fedor Emelianenko set to give seminar in Dubai FEB 15th