Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- Lucas Leite “Half Guard works well with Gi & No GI”
- ONE FC: Dynasty Of Champions Ji Xian vs Song Ya Dong
- RFA 21 gets new title fight: JUUSOLA vs. BAGHDAD
- Harry McLeman Joins Cage Warriors
- Georges St-Pierre regrets not voicing anti-PED stance
- Herbert Burns “I am ready for the Title Shot”
- UAE Kids Challenge 2014 showcases young talent
- UFC 180 Werdum vs Hunt in Tweets