Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- SpotLight on Marcos Oliveira World Pro 2015 Masters Absolute Champion
- Victor Estima on Braulio Estima / Estima Lock / World Pros 2015 / GB & More
- Clark Gracie: “Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is Gracie Jiu-jitsu”
- Felipe Pena “Preguiça” on WPJJC / IBJJF / Sub Only / Gracie Barra & More
- Abu Dhabi based Black Belts take silver in Absolute WPJJC
- Mackenzie Dern talks after defeating Gabi Garcia
- Emirati youth shine at the World Jiu-Jitsu Children’s Cup
- Alexander Trans ahead of the WPJJC 2015