Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- ONE Championship announces agreements with “Heliconia”
- Meet Aleksi Lohi Top level Purple belt from Oulu Finland
- WME | IMG / UFC: Dana White will stay Lorenzo Fertitta to step down
- ONE : DYNASTY OF CHAMPIONS SET FOR 2 JULY IN HEFEI
- Abu Dhabi Grand Slam World Tour Returns
- Coach at one of Finland’s largest BJJ academy on how they train up North
- Mario Sperry on becoming ambassador for Para-Jiu-jitsu in Brazil
- Abu Dhabi World Pro 2016 Female Under 55 Black belt (Highlights)