Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- The UAE Sets World Record by hosting the Largest Jiu-jitsu Class (Footage Highlights)
- Alex Nacfur : Top level Vale Tudo fighter sets up martial arts program in Dubai
- Fabio Gurgel on building Alliance, Creating world champions & more
- UAEJJF Martyrs Championship will be held to honour Emirati servicemen killed in the line of duty
- Rani Yahya talks return to the Octagon / Constrictor Team / McGregor vs Aldo
- Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke talks ahead of his first title defence
- Ben Askren intends on staying at One Championship for a long time
- Jonna Konivuori : Pilot / World Champion