Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- Igor Silva beats Ricardo Evangelista at the No Gi 108kg Male Black Belt division finals
- Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Alexander Ribeiro wins 94 kg Evangelista picks bronze
- First Round of Jiu-Jitsu President’s Cup Concludes: Results
- UAE Jiu-Jitsu National Team gears up to take on Abu Dhabi Grand Slam in Los Angeles
- UAEJJF confirms national participation at intl events in 16–2017
- WHAT’S ON THE MINDS OF THE STARS OF UFC 202 ? Pre Fight Quotes
- UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation launches 2016-2017 Season
- ADRIANO MORAES CROWNED INTERIM ONE FLYWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPION