Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- Royce Gracie on Renzo Gracie, Eddie Bravo, Bellator, Gracie Academy & more
- Leandro “Brodinho” Issa talks ahead of his fight at UFC 190
- Mohammed Walid talks One FC / Sponsorships / MMA Career & More
- Ibrahim Inal ‘Pioneering Jiu-jitsu in Turkey’
- Leo Vieira wants ADCC Super Fight with ‘Shaolin’ Ribeiro / Buchecha & Panza Injury
- Abu Dhabi based Investor Aims to Sponsor Top BJJ / MMA Talent
- World Pro Jiu-jitsu Cup 2015 WEIGH-INS All Access Part 2
- Bruno Frazatto MMA Highlights (Submissions)