Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- AFOCH Ramadan Cup 2015 Highlights
- Luiz Panza on CheckMat / Foot locks / 50/50 guard & IBJJF
- Bruno Frazatto flow rolling with purple belt Max Abrahamyan
- Elcirley Silva “CBPJJ has shown people with special needs is not disabled”
- Leo Vieira on founding CheckMat / Coaching Champions / IBJJF & More
- Elcirley Silva: World Pro Champ with one leg spars at Pride FC Dubai
- Marcos “Ratinho” talks Training at Evolve MMA ahead of ONE FC debut
- Philippe Pomaski : Top talent coming out of CheckMat