Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- Top level Russian purple belt Andrey Kupreev on BJJ travels / Growth of BJJ in Russia & more
- UAEJJF set to stage the Sharjah Jiu-Jitsu Open Championship on February 12 and 13
- Doctor and BJJ Black belt Thyago Cardoso tells us his journey in Science & Jiu-jitsu
- Desert Force COO talks Challenges, Cultural impact of MMA in the Arab World & more
- Thabet Al Taher : Knee on Belly attack system Part 1 of 2
- Desert force 20 Highlights & Results
- Mounir “The Sniper” Lazzez and Mohammed Fakhruddin clash after Desert Force 20 in Dubai
- Anderson “Braddock” Silva on Kickboxing organisations crippling the sport / Move to MMA