Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- Curtis Malin “First to introduce Jiu-jitsu into a school curriculum in Canada”
- BJ PENN to be inducted to UFC hall of fame
- Rafael Mendes on AOJ / 2015 / IBJJF Rules / Evolving & more
- Braulio Estima: “Think Outside Of The Box”
- Denis Smoldarev on his fire fighting and MMA career.
- Roger Gracie to return to high-level Gi competition
- Andrei Arlovski on Jon Jones “When you have glory and money it’s a great challenge”
- Michelle Nicolini: “It’s a shame for IBJJF to have the highest competitors and not pay”