Chael Sonnen is set to compete against Andre Galvao at Metamoris 4 in Los Angeles this weekend, however warnings from the Nevada Athletics Commission stating Metamoris comes under Sonnen’s MMA ban and a possible $250,000 fine may be imposed if Sonnen does participate.
Metamoris officials responded stating they still expected Sonnen to compete. However, Randy Couture’s manager stated Sonnen had reached out to Randy requesting him to take his spot in the main event if he is forced to pull out.
Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) commission suspended him for two years without fines, provided he not compete anywhere else. Which, to just about everyone, meant no MMA fights for twenty-four months.
However, yesterday we learned that the NSAC has threatened to fine Chael up to $500,000 for competing in a grappling match against Andre Galvao, at Metamoris 4, on August 9, in Los Angeles.
- Back to back title fights headline with Ben Askren vs Luis Santos
- Tiago Bravo talks UAEJJF Grand Slam, Miyao Brothers & More
- UAEJJF Dubai Open Gi: World’s best amongst Black Belt competitors (Highlights)
- UAEJJF Dubai Open Jiu-jitsu Championship 2015 NoGi Highlights
- Vitaly Bigdash defeats Svirid Crowned New ONE Middleweight Champ
- Abu Dhabi Warriors 3 showcases great card in the Capital (Highlights)
- Paul Buentello after defeating Rameau Thierry at Abu Dhabi Warrior’s 3
- Alisha Ahmad: Developing Brazilian Jiu-jitsu in Karachi Pakistan