Fighting Lifestyle UAE caught up with former Olympic Wrestler and current Head Coach of Evolve MMA Singapore Heath Sims during One FC ‘Reign of Champions’ fight week. Sims is in town cornering Ben Askren, Shinya Aoki, Herbert Burns and Dejdamrong for their fight on August 29th, which will take place at the world trade center.
In an interview with us Sims discusses on what area’s he focuses on with his fighters during camp, Additionally Heath Sims talks about the challenges his fighters have worked on and what to expect on fight night.
Sims who has been an assistant coach on The Ultimate Fighter: United States vs. United Kingdom. Discusses his ideology on what mindset he encourages his fighters to adapt before entering the cage & why.
“I think going into the cage its mental at that point you have already done all the work you have done all the training, you already have your game plan & strategy in place. So at that point its just getting a good warm up, its getting your body ready, your mind ready and getting ready to compete, you know every one is different. I like to keep them focused on their game plan, I like to make sure they are nice and warm and ready to get out there, and fight to their fullest potential.”
The One Fc will show case one of the greatest cards ever put together, with Askren fighting for the title agianst Suzuki, Aoki defending his title against Shalorus & Koji Oishi fighting Narabtungalag.
- AFOCH Ramadan Cup 2015 Highlights
- Luiz Panza on CheckMat / Foot locks / 50/50 guard & IBJJF
- Bruno Frazatto flow rolling with purple belt Max Abrahamyan
- Elcirley Silva “CBPJJ has shown people with special needs is not disabled”
- Leo Vieira on founding CheckMat / Coaching Champions / IBJJF & More
- Elcirley Silva: World Pro Champ with one leg spars at Pride FC Dubai
- Marcos “Ratinho” talks Training at Evolve MMA ahead of ONE FC debut
- Philippe Pomaski : Top talent coming out of CheckMat