Fighting Lifestyle UAE’s Ali Shirazee caught up with UFC Bantamweight fighter Elizabeth Phillips, while she was in between her training regiment. Phillips tells us how she got her break into the UFC & gives us her opinion on what many believe to be a controversial loss in her UFC debut against Valeria Letournea.
“I am comfortable standing up and I think i did more damage standing up, I think I did pull of rounds one & three, I did more damage. Technically wise she probably looked more technical and landed non devastating strikes, but i definitely think I went the distance, I had optimal control, I was more aggressive and I agree with most media and what public are saying that I won”
Phillips reacts to media after UFC 175 stating that Ronda Rousey is very much beatable:
“Well its kinda hard to hear, because Im definitely want to be one of the contenders one day, and I definitely think that thats not true, I definitely believe she is beatable.”
Phillips talks to us about how important it is to be beautiful in order to sell fights in Women’s MMA, and if she ever were to fight Ronda Rousey what would be the best strategy to beat her.
- UAEJJF: AL AIN Jiu-Jitsu Open Championship – GI (Results)
- UAEJJF Al Ain Jiu-Jitsu Open Cup – NO GI (Results/Interview)
- ONE FC: “Battle Of Lions” Set to take on Singapore
- All Women Cast of the Ultimate Fighter Take on Breast Cancer Awareness
- Katherine Onorato Gracie Barra Long Island NYC (Interview)
- UFC 180: Cain Velasquez Injured, Replaced by Mark Hunt
- UFC women’s 115- Pound Championship to be awarded
- UAEJJ Junior National Team bring home 45 medals