Fighting Lifestyle UAE’s Ali Shirazee caught up with UFC Bantamweight fighter Elizabeth Phillips, while she was in between her training regiment. Phillips tells us how she got her break into the UFC & gives us her opinion on what many believe to be a controversial loss in her UFC debut against Valeria Letournea.
“I am comfortable standing up and I think i did more damage standing up, I think I did pull of rounds one & three, I did more damage. Technically wise she probably looked more technical and landed non devastating strikes, but i definitely think I went the distance, I had optimal control, I was more aggressive and I agree with most media and what public are saying that I won”
Phillips reacts to media after UFC 175 stating that Ronda Rousey is very much beatable:
“Well its kinda hard to hear, because Im definitely want to be one of the contenders one day, and I definitely think that thats not true, I definitely believe she is beatable.”
Phillips talks to us about how important it is to be beautiful in order to sell fights in Women’s MMA, and if she ever were to fight Ronda Rousey what would be the best strategy to beat her.
- UAEJJF hosts high Level Jiu-jitsu tournament in Sharjah
- Davi Ramos on Europeans 15: “I fought with a broken hand”
- Muay Thai Legend Namsaknoi Yudthagarngamtorn Talks..
- Ed Giese: What really happened at the Foxcatcher Farm
- ATOS Female World Champ helps build Women’s BJJ in Dubai
- Desert Force hosts first event of 2015 in Abu Dhabi
- UFC MANILA FRANKIE EDGAR AND URIJAH FABER
- BJJ NO-MAD : Off The Beaten Path