Fighting Lifestyle UAE’s Ali Shirazee caught up with UFC Bantamweight fighter Elizabeth Phillips, while she was in between her training regiment. Phillips tells us how she got her break into the UFC & gives us her opinion on what many believe to be a controversial loss in her UFC debut against Valeria Letournea.
“I am comfortable standing up and I think i did more damage standing up, I think I did pull of rounds one & three, I did more damage. Technically wise she probably looked more technical and landed non devastating strikes, but i definitely think I went the distance, I had optimal control, I was more aggressive and I agree with most media and what public are saying that I won”
Phillips reacts to media after UFC 175 stating that Ronda Rousey is very much beatable:
“Well its kinda hard to hear, because Im definitely want to be one of the contenders one day, and I definitely think that thats not true, I definitely believe she is beatable.”
Phillips talks to us about how important it is to be beautiful in order to sell fights in Women’s MMA, and if she ever were to fight Ronda Rousey what would be the best strategy to beat her.
- Desert Force COO talks Challenges, Cultural impact of MMA in the Arab World & more
- Thabet Al Taher : Knee on Belly attack system Part 1 of 2
- Desert force 20 Highlights & Results
- Mounir “The Sniper” Lazzez and Mohammed Fakhruddin clash after Desert Force 20 in Dubai
- Anderson “Braddock” Silva on Kickboxing organisations crippling the sport / Move to MMA
- Mohammed Mirza on upcoming Desert Force 20 Dubai Jan 25th / Growth and Expansion
- Batista talks involvement with UFC camps, BJJ for MMA & Sport, Fabio Gurgel and more
- Rubens Charles Cobrinha talks ADCC 2015/ Age & Competing / 2016 & more