Fighting Lifestyle UAE’s Ali Shirazee caught up with UFC Bantamweight fighter Elizabeth Phillips, while she was in between her training regiment. Phillips tells us how she got her break into the UFC & gives us her opinion on what many believe to be a controversial loss in her UFC debut against Valeria Letournea.
“I am comfortable standing up and I think i did more damage standing up, I think I did pull of rounds one & three, I did more damage. Technically wise she probably looked more technical and landed non devastating strikes, but i definitely think I went the distance, I had optimal control, I was more aggressive and I agree with most media and what public are saying that I won”
Phillips reacts to media after UFC 175 stating that Ronda Rousey is very much beatable:
“Well its kinda hard to hear, because Im definitely want to be one of the contenders one day, and I definitely think that thats not true, I definitely believe she is beatable.”
Phillips talks to us about how important it is to be beautiful in order to sell fights in Women’s MMA, and if she ever were to fight Ronda Rousey what would be the best strategy to beat her.
- Back to back title fights headline with Ben Askren vs Luis Santos
- Tiago Bravo talks UAEJJF Grand Slam, Miyao Brothers & More
- UAEJJF Dubai Open Gi: World’s best amongst Black Belt competitors (Highlights)
- UAEJJF Dubai Open Jiu-jitsu Championship 2015 NoGi Highlights
- Vitaly Bigdash defeats Svirid Crowned New ONE Middleweight Champ
- Abu Dhabi Warriors 3 showcases great card in the Capital (Highlights)
- Paul Buentello after defeating Rameau Thierry at Abu Dhabi Warrior’s 3
- Alisha Ahmad: Developing Brazilian Jiu-jitsu in Karachi Pakistan