Fighting Lifestyle UAE’s Ali Shirazee caught up with UFC Bantamweight fighter Elizabeth Phillips, while she was in between her training regiment. Phillips tells us how she got her break into the UFC & gives us her opinion on what many believe to be a controversial loss in her UFC debut against Valeria Letournea.
“I am comfortable standing up and I think i did more damage standing up, I think I did pull of rounds one & three, I did more damage. Technically wise she probably looked more technical and landed non devastating strikes, but i definitely think I went the distance, I had optimal control, I was more aggressive and I agree with most media and what public are saying that I won”
Phillips reacts to media after UFC 175 stating that Ronda Rousey is very much beatable:
“Well its kinda hard to hear, because Im definitely want to be one of the contenders one day, and I definitely think that thats not true, I definitely believe she is beatable.”
Phillips talks to us about how important it is to be beautiful in order to sell fights in Women’s MMA, and if she ever were to fight Ronda Rousey what would be the best strategy to beat her.
- The UAE Sets World Record by hosting the Largest Jiu-jitsu Class (Footage Highlights)
- Alex Nacfur : Top level Vale Tudo fighter sets up martial arts program in Dubai
- Fabio Gurgel on building Alliance, Creating world champions & more
- UAEJJF Martyrs Championship will be held to honour Emirati servicemen killed in the line of duty
- Rani Yahya talks return to the Octagon / Constrictor Team / McGregor vs Aldo
- Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke talks ahead of his first title defence
- Ben Askren intends on staying at One Championship for a long time
- Jonna Konivuori : Pilot / World Champion