Fighting Lifestyle UAE’s Ali Shirazee caught up with UFC Bantamweight fighter Elizabeth Phillips, while she was in between her training regiment. Phillips tells us how she got her break into the UFC & gives us her opinion on what many believe to be a controversial loss in her UFC debut against Valeria Letournea.
“I am comfortable standing up and I think i did more damage standing up, I think I did pull of rounds one & three, I did more damage. Technically wise she probably looked more technical and landed non devastating strikes, but i definitely think I went the distance, I had optimal control, I was more aggressive and I agree with most media and what public are saying that I won”
Phillips reacts to media after UFC 175 stating that Ronda Rousey is very much beatable:
“Well its kinda hard to hear, because Im definitely want to be one of the contenders one day, and I definitely think that thats not true, I definitely believe she is beatable.”
Phillips talks to us about how important it is to be beautiful in order to sell fights in Women’s MMA, and if she ever were to fight Ronda Rousey what would be the best strategy to beat her.
- Lucas Leite “Half Guard works well with Gi & No GI”
- ONE FC: Dynasty Of Champions Ji Xian vs Song Ya Dong
- RFA 21 gets new title fight: JUUSOLA vs. BAGHDAD
- Harry McLeman Joins Cage Warriors
- Georges St-Pierre regrets not voicing anti-PED stance
- Herbert Burns “I am ready for the Title Shot”
- UAE Kids Challenge 2014 showcases young talent
- UFC 180 Werdum vs Hunt in Tweets