Fighting Lifestyle UAE’s Captain Eric Albarracin caught up with Henry Cejudo, an olympic gold medalist who signed with UFC at 125 today.
Cejudo trains out of Phoenix Arizona, and is the youngest Olympian in the history of the United States to win gold in Olympic Wrestling. He is confident that the UFC will be another milestone on his road to success.
Henry Cejudo will be fighting on Aug 30th (TJ dillashaw vs Renan Barao 2) against Scott Jorgenson at 125.
“My main goal is to be the best in the world, I’m treating the sport of mixed martial arts like I would treat my wrestling, I mean like you saw I did a three hour session today, a lot of technique, sparring, drilling just a lot of strategy, watching video and that the way I did for wrestling, so i can put the same amount of work I put into wrestling and convert it to MMA I’m gonna be ok“…
“I’m definitely in my prime, I’m as strong as I’ve ever been, so I feel the same way, at the age of 21 I was really strong for my weight, now 6 years later I’m vicious I’m strong, I feel very very powerful in my weight class“
In addition Cejudo added:
“There is a reason why 5 out 7 have a belt are former wrestlers and these are ok wrestlers so the sport is only getting tougher and wrestlers are dominating, you don’t play wrestling, its a sport its a lifestyle, its something that takes a life time to some what learn and master“
In regards to potentially coaching on the TUF, Henry Cejudo added”
“I don’t see myself being an ultimate fighter coach in the US, I see my self being an Ultimate fighter coach in Mexico, I speak both languages fluently, actually my first language was Spanish, since I was a little kid that was the only language my mom spoke to us in, I didn’t start speaking English until I started going to kindergarten, 1st grade and grade and so to me I understand the culture. I’ve lived in Mexican environments all my life so I can relate to the people.“
On an end note Cejudo’s message:
“My competition is.. they are different platforms and when I defeat them it raises a level of awareness of who I am, I know it may sound weird but its almost as I’m looking for the publicity side of it. And when I say that I’m in that for the good, cause there are kids out there that don’t have the self esteem, kids who are just like me who grew up in humble environments and have no direction in life and I want to be that hope, I want to be that guy who they can look up to.“
With the addition, the latest UFC 177 card includes:
- Champ T.J. Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao – for bantamweight title
- Champ Demetrious Johnson vs. Chris Cariaso – for flyweight title
- Shayna Baszler vs. Bethe Correia
- Danny Castillo vs. Tony Ferguson
- Anthony Hamilton vs. Ruan Potts
- Carlos Diego Ferreira vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Derek Brunson vs. Lorenz Larkin
- Justin Edwards vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Henry Cejudo vs. Scott Jorgensen
- Denis Smoldarev on his fire fighting and MMA career.
- Roger Gracie to return to high-level Gi competition
- Andrei Arlovski on Jon Jones “When you have glory and money it’s a great challenge”
- Michelle Nicolini: “It’s a shame for IBJJF to have the highest competitors and not pay”
- Caio Terra : “Most amount of stalling happens in Spider Guard not 50/50″
- SpotLight on Marcos Oliveira World Pro 2015 Masters Absolute Champion
- Victor Estima on Braulio Estima / Estima Lock / World Pros 2015 / GB & More
- Clark Gracie: “Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is Gracie Jiu-jitsu”