Fighting Lifestyle UAE caught up with Royce Gracie during his visit to Dubai at HM fitness centre. Royce Gracie is considered to be the most influential man in the history of modern MMA and is accredited for bringing the effectiveness of Brazilian Jiujitsu mainstream. Gracie talks to us about submission only tournaments such as the Metamoris and gives us his opinion on what Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has evolved into over the years with techniques such as Berimbolo & the Worm Guard being introduced into sport BJJ.
In addition Royce Gracie commented on the One FC coming to Dubai on August 29:
“One Fc gets a lot of fighters from this side of the world from ASIA, from Mideast, a lot of people who don’t have the chance to go and compete in the UFC to go compete in America, You see there is so much talent in this side, so many people have been training already for so long, and the One Fc is the way in for them to get a future in Martial Arts & in Fighting.”
Royce Gracie believes that there should be more submission only tournaments introduced, after we asked him his opinion on Rickson Gracie’s plans of introducing a federation, that would resemble more of the Budo Challenge tournaments.
Contribution by BJJ Analyst Ricky Rout
- UAEJJF Dubai Open Jiu-jitsu Championship 2015 NoGi Highlights
- Vitaly Bigdash defeats Svirid Crowned New ONE Middleweight Champ
- Abu Dhabi Warriors 3 showcases great card in the Capital (Highlights)
- Paul Buentello after defeating Rameau Thierry at Abu Dhabi Warrior’s 3
- Alisha Ahmad: Developing Brazilian Jiu-jitsu in Karachi Pakistan
- Lucio Rodrigues “ Lagarto ” on how U.S visa regulations cost him the IBJJF Worlds
- 6 x World Champ Helder Medeiros talks training talented Emirati youth and Top Black Belts in the UAE
- UAEJJF reveals the agenda of season 2015/2016