Badr Hari considered by many of his country men as the pride of morocco fought for the first time in Dubai, United Arab Emirates under a local promotion called the GFC. A sold out arena with Moroccan flags waving every where with chants “Hari, Hari, Hari just showed the type of support Badr Hari commands in the Arab world. On the night Badr did not disappoint finishing both of his opponents with in the first 2 minutes of the first round.
Badr had declared that it was a dream come to true to fight in a muslim country.
At the press conference Badr Hari said:
“Considering my Moroccan ancestry, this fight is like a home bout for me. It is very important that I win before my people. I can assure you there will be no mercy on May 29,” Hari said.
“These old fighters will pay the price for being older,” Hari said. “I am here to fight and put up a good show and that is exactly what I will do. Expect nothing short of a KO,”
During the closing ceremony Hari addressed the crowds stating:
“Dubai, I had a very great time, it feels like my home country”
GFC proved to be a great event with no expense spared towards organisation and planing, where as Badr Hari brought the event and the sport of kickboxing in the United Arab Emirates on the Global Arena.
- The UAE Sets World Record by hosting the Largest Jiu-jitsu Class (Footage Highlights)
- Alex Nacfur : Top level Vale Tudo fighter sets up martial arts program in Dubai
- Fabio Gurgel on building Alliance, Creating world champions & more
- UAEJJF Martyrs Championship will be held to honour Emirati servicemen killed in the line of duty
- Rani Yahya talks return to the Octagon / Constrictor Team / McGregor vs Aldo
- Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke talks ahead of his first title defence
- Ben Askren intends on staying at One Championship for a long time
- Jonna Konivuori : Pilot / World Champion