Badr Hari considered by many of his country men as the pride of morocco fought for the first time in Dubai, United Arab Emirates under a local promotion called the GFC. A sold out arena with Moroccan flags waving every where with chants “Hari, Hari, Hari just showed the type of support Badr Hari commands in the Arab world. On the night Badr did not disappoint finishing both of his opponents with in the first 2 minutes of the first round.
Badr had declared that it was a dream come to true to fight in a muslim country.
At the press conference Badr Hari said:
“Considering my Moroccan ancestry, this fight is like a home bout for me. It is very important that I win before my people. I can assure you there will be no mercy on May 29,” Hari said.
“These old fighters will pay the price for being older,” Hari said. “I am here to fight and put up a good show and that is exactly what I will do. Expect nothing short of a KO,”
During the closing ceremony Hari addressed the crowds stating:
“Dubai, I had a very great time, it feels like my home country”
GFC proved to be a great event with no expense spared towards organisation and planing, where as Badr Hari brought the event and the sport of kickboxing in the United Arab Emirates on the Global Arena.
- Top level Russian purple belt Andrey Kupreev on BJJ travels / Growth of BJJ in Russia & more
- UAEJJF set to stage the Sharjah Jiu-Jitsu Open Championship on February 12 and 13
- Doctor and BJJ Black belt Thyago Cardoso tells us his journey in Science & Jiu-jitsu
- Desert Force COO talks Challenges, Cultural impact of MMA in the Arab World & more
- Thabet Al Taher : Knee on Belly attack system Part 1 of 2
- Desert force 20 Highlights & Results
- Mounir “The Sniper” Lazzez and Mohammed Fakhruddin clash after Desert Force 20 in Dubai
- Anderson “Braddock” Silva on Kickboxing organisations crippling the sport / Move to MMA